The Public Foundation “CACSARC-kg” was established on the basis of Central Asian Crafts Support Association (CACSA) — internationally known membership NGO, which had its headquarter in Bishkek from 2000 to 2008.
Started with several enthusiasts of the crafts development movement in the region, within eight years, CACSA increased number of its members (from six countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Mongolia) to 76 organizations, implementing over 50 projects and benefiting over 5000 craftsmen throughout the region. During these eight years CACSA had acquired great deal of experience in supporting and facilitating development of the crafts sector in the region, dealing with community outreach, sustainable development of rural population and gender related issues and providing wide range of services to artisans in training, marketing and promoting their products to international markets.
In the end of 2008 Association’s Headquarter/Regional Office, in accordance with its Charter, has been transferred to Almaty (Kazakhstan). Subsequently, in March of 2009 an independent Public Foundation “CACSARC-kg” was established to continue Association’s work in Kyrgyzstan. With assistance of various international organizations and donors, CACSARC-kg continues its efforts to develop handicrafts sector that uplift communities, empower women and represents cultural heritage of our ethos.
Revival and development of crafts in Kyrgyzstan in particular and in Central Asia as a whole; dialog between Central Asian cultures and mutual enrichment; integration into the world crafts market.
- Craftsmen as custodians of centuries-old traditions;
- Combining traditions and modernity;
- Value of traditional culture, through which people preserve their identity and uniqueness in the context of globalization;
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Revive and develop traditional crafts in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Develop crafts sector in the region;
- Improve professional skills of artisans in the Kyrgyz Republic and Central Asia and development of their cooperation network;
- Promote Kyrgyz and Central Asian craft products to the regional and international markets;
- Develop business activities of artisans;
- Assist artisans of Central Asia in protection of their professional, civil, economic and intellectual rights;
- Preserve cultural heritage of the peoples of Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia;
- Raise awareness within the world community.
Board of Founders
Director with office staff
Council of Experts of Crafts
Kononova Oksana Gennadievna
Sources of income
Grants, paid services (trainings, craft fairs and exhibitions on local and international levels, researches, sales), publications, contributions of founders, donations from individuals and organizations.
We work with international donor organizations, regional and local NGOs, Government Agencies and Ministries. These are just some of the organizations we partnered with on various projects. For additional Info please contact our office.
- MINISTRY OF CULTURE
- CRAFTS COUNCIL OF KYRGYZSTAN
- BISHKEK City Hall
- CHOLPON-ATA City Hall
- Tolomush Okeev Foundation
- Crafts & Traditional Knowledge Public Foundation
- HAFT PAIKAR Foundation (Tajikistan)
- YAK HOUSE (Tajikistan)
- DE PAMIRI HANDICRAFTS (Tajikistan)
- “BAHYT” Applied Arts Center (Kazakhstan)
- ALMATY CRAFTS CHAMBER (Kazakhstan)
- CRAFTSMEN UNION OF KAZAKHSTAN (Kazakhstan)
- «SHEZHIRE» Public Foundation (Kazakhstan)
- HAMSA Public Foundation (Uzbekistan)
- Bukhara Province Craftsmen Association (Uzbekistan)
- SALOM TRAVEL AGENCY (Uzbekistan)
- «Aral Golden Legacy» Craftsmen Union (Uzbekistan)